Hello,
Ok here is my problem. I downloaded 360share and now everytime I go to run it it say it has detected a firewall and wont run, is there any way around this so that the program will run? Please help..

Benjamin:-|

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

did you install some firewalls? if yes then you need to adjust an option trusted sites there or reduce the level of protection.

Hello,
Ok here is my problem. I downloaded 360share and now everytime I go to run it it say it has detected a firewall and wont run, is there any way around this so that the program will run? Please help..

Benjamin:-|

Hi ,if you didn't install a third oardy firewall and its just the winxp firewall then go to control panel ,windows security ,then click on fire wall ,then exceptions along the top ,then add a prrogran and pick 360share fron the list ,and ok you way out of firewall.

Hi ,if you didn't install a third oardy firewall and its just the winxp firewall then go to control panel ,windows security ,then click on fire wall ,then exceptions along the top ,then add a prrogran and pick 360share fron the list ,and ok you way out of firewall.

Hi, yeah that didnt work. could it be norton antivirus software, or could it be linksys? I appriciate the help.:rolleyes:

Hi, yeah that didnt work. could it be norton antivirus software, or could it be linksys? I appriciate the help.:rolleyes:

yes it could be and both should have a place to put the info to allow the connection ,i have neither so im no help as to where the settings are,sorry

Run Norton Antivirus and see if the program or app pops up on the list. It should have an ignore list where you could put the program.

interesting. why not google 360share... some interesting comments out there regarding it's being a rebadged old version of limewire. the latter is free. i use limewire on occasion, but more commonly emule. No firewall problems with either, for the windows version or zone alarm.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.