After some spyware changed my background, I was able to delete it with a series of anti-spyware tools and anti-virus tools. However, my background won't appear when I'm using my computer. When I reboot, I can see it, but then it is covered by a plain grey screen (I can change the color, just not the background image). I've tried going to Desktop Properties and unchecking the sites in the Web Browser under Advanced, but nothing was checked. I still can't change or see my background (other than the brief seconds of shutting down and starting up). Does anyone know what the problem is?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

After some spyware changed my background, I was able to delete it with a series of anti-spyware tools and anti-virus tools. However, my background won't appear when I'm using my computer. When I reboot, I can see it, but then it is covered by a plain grey screen (I can change the color, just not the background image). I've tried going to Desktop Properties and unchecking the sites in the Web Browser under Advanced, but nothing was checked. I still can't change or see my background (other than the brief seconds of shutting down and starting up). Does anyone know what the problem is?

I would do:
Make a new account in windows. If there it occurs too, then it is in register in HK_Local_computer a problem. If not, then copy everything to the new accont and delete the old. Rename and continue your work.

(I can change the color, just not the background image) <- it means, that it is blocked to change it, or just it is covered by plain grey screen ???

I have a problem I also cant' change the background on my computer can you help?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.