HI

Im trying to macht Sokectes, Slots to their corresponding processor.

any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

HI

Im trying to macht Sokectes, Slots to their corresponding processor.

any idea?

Thanks in advance!

not being nasty but you misspelling makes it hard to understand what you mean ,are you talking about Slocket cards for 370 cpus' to use with slot processors motherboards ,if so you will need to tell us what you have or don't have

not being nasty but you misspelling makes it hard to understand what you mean ,are you talking about Slocket cards for 370 cpus' to use with slot processors motherboards ,if so you will need to tell us what you have or don't have

Lol
Hahahaha
F*** keyboard!

I meant:

What Processors can I use on what Socket?

Im NOT goin' to install any, I just wanna know the corresponding order.
Once again, I need the full list of Processor that need what socket or slot. or viceversa
What Socket or Slot, to what Processor.
EG

Pentium 2,3 ---------------> Slot 1

PD: for learning purposes only

Lol
Hahahaha
F*** keyboard!

I meant:

What Processors can I use on what Socket?

Im NOT goin' to install any, I just wanna know the corresponding order.
Once again, I need the full list of Processor that need what socket or slot. or viceversa
What Socket or Slot, to what Processor.
EG

Pentium 2,3 ---------------> Slot 1

PD: for learning purposes only

LOL:mrgreen:

I found it. take a look

[ edit ] Slots

1: The 478 pin socket was introduced because it uses a micro-PGA layout which is physically smaller than the socket 423. Socket 775 was introduced with support for PCI express , DDR2 memory and Intel's version of the AMD64 processor extensions (called EM64T ), but also moved to the new Land Grid Array physical layout, where the pins are in the socket rather than on the CPU package, for better electrical performance.
2: These sockets are for CPUs with integrated memory controllers. The 754 pin models have a single memory channel routed through the CPU pins. The 939 pin models have two memory channels, hence the higher pin count. The 940 pin CPUs also have two memory channels but they require registered memory, and most have support for SMP . Sockets F and AM2 are redesigned to support DDR2 . The Socket F contains 1207 pins (Added pins speculated to be for more scalability and better power distribution. Socket AM2 has 940 pin-holes but does not support current AMD Opteron processors.
3: The slot packages had two advantages; L2 cache could be installed on the processor package but on a separate piece of silicon, and insertion and removal is simpler and easier. However, it lengthens the path of the traces from the CPU to the chipset and so became unsuitable as clock speeds increased past around 500 MHz . They were therefore abandoned and replaced with Socket A/Socket 370.

Very nice!

Thanks any way!

wiki+google are our best friends :)

wiki+google are our best friends :)

Extremely right :!:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.