I know there are probably already threads based on this problem but I have a time restriction and am trying to get answers pretty quickly. My computer won't start up because there is a missing system file "windows/system32/config/sytem" the usual missing file problem. I don't think I've ever done a back up for my computer so I'm afraid that if I try to fix the problem that I'll lose all of my documents. The major problem is that I have to be able to find a way to fix it sometime before this weekend and I can't lose at least the My Documents and Shared documents folder...sooo...

A)Is there a way I can correct it with out losing my files?
B)Is there a way where I can take my documents off of the computer and put it on my jumpdrive?
C)Or do I have to just format the system and lose everything...which wouldn't be too good on my part of the homework that I have due this weekend...?

HELP!:eek:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

oh by the way, i had tried to use the recovery disc and even tried to type out everything manually with the entire list of system files but the system file, when i got to copying the repaired file over...tells me it cant be found.

oh by the way, i had tried to use the recovery disc and even tried to type out everything manually with the entire list of system files but the system file, when i got to copying the repaired file over...tells me it cant be found.

If you are in a hurry, i would suggest to take the hard drive off the bay and conect it to another PC, take all you need out and then try to fix it, if you cant fix it, take the drivers off the system before even thinking of reload.

Good luck, let me know

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.