Well I have to do defensive driving in two weeks, and trying to do calculus homework and none of my computers are working corectly. here are some of the problems I am having.

http://www.defensivedriving.com/ddo/browsercheck.html

when I try to click “next” at the bottom of the page, I get an “error on page” alert on the bottom left corner of the page. When I click on it for details, it reads

Line: 225
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
Url: http://www.defensivedriving.com/ddo/browsercheck.html

The exact same thing happens when I go to www.calcchat.com and click on “click here” for free access.

The error reads

Line: 34
Char: 3
Error: ‘esolwin.location’ is null or not an object
Code: 0
Url: http://www.calcchat.com/

Now here is the kicker. I have 2 laptops, and a desktop and all three of these are doing the same thing. They all are on a network, so that could be it??

All three systems are on windows xp and have sp2.

Any information or help would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

did you try to connect through another ISP?

did you try to connect through another ISP?

how would I go about this?? I am currently on the schools computer and it seems to be working fine. So i know it is something to do with my computer or network, or something.

i assume that you have java installed?

yes I do. I even removed and reinstalled it.

ok. i thought perhaps your page was not displaying properly. Your internet security is set too high - drop it to medium. [inet explorer window, tools > internet options > security tab > custom level and select medium. In advanced tab choose to set Defaults.

ok. i thought perhaps your page was not displaying properly. Your internet security is set too high - drop it to medium. [inet explorer window, tools > internet options > security tab > custom level and select medium. In advanced tab choose to set Defaults.

I have done that over and over again. By now, my 5 year old niece has hacked my computer because I have disabled all of my firewalls andlowered my internet security to "please hack me" and I still have had no luck.

I really need these links to work (i gotta do homework and take defensive driving) so PLEASE HELP ME!!

ok. this is my last throw. can you access other secure sites?..eg try any bank's login page [whether you have an account or not...they should load]
And on the Advanced Internet options page, try unchecking Allow third party browser extensions, and restart.[about 15 options down..] If it's no help, recheck it.....
Could be a cookie gone bad? clear temp inet files n cookies.
That's it. I'm not a code kiddie, so I know nothing more. Best of luck.

And restart your firewall... it won't be that. No sense waving a flag.

...The absolute, very last try: get IEFix.zip from this page. It pretty much reinstalls IE6 for you from your CD or OEM source. Instructions are on the page.
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

ok. this is my last throw. can you access other secure sites?..eg try any bank's login page [whether you have an account or not...they should load]
And on the Advanced Internet options page, try unchecking Allow third party browser extensions, and restart.[about 15 options down..] If it's no help, recheck it.....
Could be a cookie gone bad? clear temp inet files n cookies.
That's it. I'm not a code kiddie, so I know nothing more. Best of luck.

And restart your firewall... it won't be that. No sense waving a flag.

Ok well, I bank online, so I can access a secure site.

I unchecked, restarted, and tried it... no luck.

I tried connecting my laptop to the schools wireless internet. I logged on to the calc chat and It does not work still, so that takes out isp and my modem/firewall.

I want to scream!!

I have the new internet explorer so maybe it is not compatable?? Does anyone with the new explorer have this problem with these links???

IE7. hahaha.... well, i would laugh if that was the cause. Backwards capability is not exactly builtin to IE7. If you think it may be then try an uninstall, revert to IE6.... I noted that Opera and firefox are not supported by the driving site.

IE7. hahaha.... well, i would laugh if that was the cause. Backwards capability is not exactly builtin to IE7. If you think it may be then try an uninstall, revert to IE6.... I noted that Opera and firefox are not supported by the driving site.

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

the solution:

I downloaded firefox onto my laptop (I hate change so this was a last resort) and it opened the link!!!

So i guess it is the new internet explorer that is screwing me up.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR HELPING!!!

I guess now I need to go back to internet explorer 6 to continue usin internet explorer.

Yahoo!!!
IE7SUX. So they say. I certainly see a few problems in here with it. Now i would not be so crude... but i believe them. Thank you for the ammo... M$ would say that it was the website at fault... And stick with FF - I cannot decide between it and opera.....
[you may need 6 for that site tho..FF is not mentioned..]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.