My Vista Enterprise is installed on a 64bit 1 gb processor. I am unable to install Epson printers, 2200, c42ux and cx4200 either directly connected, or to an Airport Extreme router or to client PC's. Does anyone know when drivers will be available and where to get them?:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

According to Epson's website the 4200 and 42ux are supported out of the box(meaning Vista already includes the driver) and it appears the 2200 is not yet supported.

I got a C42 Plus and it works fine for LAN printing for XP but not for any printing for vista :(

I got a C42 Plus and it works fine for LAN printing for XP but not for any printing for vista :(

Try this: Install the C42 as a local printer on LPT1. (no test page of course.)
Once added, right click on the printer and go to 'Run as administrator', then 'Properties'. Go to the Ports tab, click on Add Port, leave Local Port selected and click New Port. Type in the UNC path to the network printer. (i.e. \\server name\printer share name)
Ok and/or Apply your way back out and try printing.

cant have no paralell port

Why not just contact to Microsoft ? I think they can resolve your problem.

Why not just contact to Microsoft ? I think they can resolve your problem.

because that would cost more money than a new printer

cant have no paralell port

Doesn't have to be LPT; any local port will do to get the driver installed initially.

ah i tried it after reinstalling vista 32 bit and it worked fine

seems 64 bit has a lack of driver support

ah i tried it after reinstalling vista 32 bit and it worked fine

seems 64 bit has a lack of driver support

ah yes too true. 64bit is still lacking much software support in many aspects.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.