...or should i say when opening new windows with javascript

for example, when i want to open new window, say using the shift+clicking the link, the window pops up fine, but when the link is javscript:void(0); it takes literally about a minute to open, and the pointer stays a thumbnail until the new window pops.

i thought it might be spywares or any other programs that's slowing it down, but i just cleaned it up and it still does it. any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

please? it's really bothering me.

not only that my laptop now is making that noise it makes when it loads stuff... i mean, it does that all the time now, even when i'm not even doing anything.

Check for virus or spyware.

I have had a similar problem, whole system extremely slow to load. I went to Task Manager and found that a file was using up 99% of the CPU. (The file was dllhost.exe but I think other files can do this as well). I click on 'stop process' and the system goes back to using 2% resources. Its a pain to do it every time I log on, but I haven't as yet found out what to do about it permanently.

Thanks for replying.

I did check for viruses and spywares, but there were none. And I also went to the Task Manager, but the CPU usage was only about 2-8%. Any other solutions maybe?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.