My media player sometimes stops playing songs

what is the source of the songs you are playing

, so I keep a youtube video up thatbrings back the sound.

not sure what keeping a youtube video UP means ,up where ,any is it only utube videos that help solve it ,what if you click on another song

I think there is a full moon tonight.

The original source from the songs is in my music folder. MP3 Files .

The original source from the songs is in my music folder. MP3 Files .

ok, so create a wmp playlist and the songs will play till the end
also please explain the youtube video part what actually dose that do and how

By "Keeping a youtube video up" I mean I have to go on firefox, and find a video that has sound on youtube so when my sound goes, I play that video and then press play on my windows media player and most of the time it ends up playing a song. But then sometimes It won't play anything and I have to restart my laptop. When it doesn't play, it says the files in media player are corrupt.

By "Keeping a youtube video up" I mean I have to go on firefox, and find a video that has sound on youtube so when my sound goes, I play that video and then press play on my windows media player and most of the time it ends up playing a song. But then sometimes It won't play anything and I have to restart my laptop. When it doesn't play, it says the files in media player are corrupt.

ok, so instead of going to youtube ,try going to you music folder and click on a song ,what happens, if it sees songs as corrupt until you reboot ,could be a problem reading from your harddrive harddrive could be getting bad

ok, so instead of going to youtube ,try going to you music folder and click on a song ,what happens, if it sees songs as corrupt until you reboot ,could be a problem reading from your harddrive harddrive could be getting bad

The Hardrive is fine, Laptop is pretty new. It doesn't read when i try play from music folder aswell, I think it's a fault with Vista to be honest.

The Hardrive is fine, Laptop is pretty new. It doesn't read when i try play from music folder aswell, I think it's a fault with Vista to be honest.

its a weird problem ,maybe with your Vista,make sure you have latest wmp,and latest drivers for your sound device ,and new harddrive can go bad to

I have tryed restoring my windows media player and theres still no picture
i have tryed codec packs and video converters
it was working a few days ago :S
dunt know what to do ??

I have vista ultimate edition and I can't watch movies in either IE7 or Firefox using media player 11, and I am wondering if there are any fixes to these problems.

Thanks

The rightmost tab on the Player taskbar allows you to shop for a variety of media services in online stores. The tab is also home to the Media Guide: a helpful website that you can access through the Player. The Media Guide provides links to media files and offers suggestions if you are browsing for content. To switch to the Media Guide, click the arrow below the Online Stores tab (the name of this tab changes depending on which online store or service is currently active), and then click Media Guide.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.