I have a serious problem with my hardrive memory. I use to have 40gb of 70gb used on my hardrive. Just recently I have begun to receive messages stating that my memory is low. When I checked on it there were 4.4mb of 70gb free. I have no idea where the memory went. I cleared 10 gb off my hardrive and onto an external drive. A week later i was back down to 4mb. I cleared another 2gb which was also chewed up. I have no idea what is going on and I need major help. Doesn't anybody have a clue what is happening and a way to fix it?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Check with the System restore . It maybe talking lot of backups

Nope my system restore is clear. At least it appears that way.

Download a program called CCLEANER, it is free and will get rid of a lot of unneeded and temp files. It will also do a good job of refreshing your registry.

That program is the same as a disk clean up isn't it? So it can't really clear anything new.

That program is the same as a disk clean up isn't it? So it can't really clear anything new.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the program you mentioned. It's free, give it a shot. If it doesn't work then get rid of it.

Thanks the program cleared 1gb of useless files. Immediately 500mb got chewed back up by something lol. I still don't know why that is happening. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

I had exactly the same problem on my computer. I ran online scans at different websites found viruses and spywares which i than removed. My problem resolved.
But i have seen other computers which also face the sae problem and only a clean installation solves the issue

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.