Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I don't use this so I don't know much about it but a friend of mine wants to send some small video of her grandaughter to her son. We have tried AIM, Live messenger etc. but it is really slow and it stops after a couple of minutes and says an error has occured. They are about 167mb each. As I said I don't know much about this so can anyone tell me if these are too large to send? If so, what does she do? How can we send these to her son? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

what format is it in? you might be able to open it in movie maker, (deselect auto clip creating before doing that, either in options or the import window, depending on version) and put it on the timeline, then save movie

that should hopefully make it a smaller file (if you have the old version, could take it down as far as 30megs).

or, try www.megaupload.com upload it, and send the link to your fried son, and he can DL it from there.

I would second the MegaUpload site. It works very well.

what format is it in? you might be able to open it in movie maker, (deselect auto clip creating before doing that, either in options or the import window, depending on version) and put it on the timeline, then save movie

that should hopefully make it a smaller file (if you have the old version, could take it down as far as 30megs).

or, try www.megaupload.com upload it, and send the link to your fried son, and he can DL it from there.

Sweet site thanks hbk!!!

no problem :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.