first of all I run on microsoft XP, I have a toshiba satellite laptop 1415-s173. I think i'm running using IE 6 I'm not sure I do'nt know how to find out. I think it's either 6 or 5.5 and AOL version 9.0 This is a fairly new computer, purchased in early 2003

First of all I reformated my computer once before partially because when I tried to open up javascript links, they would eventually open, but they would just kinda "freeze/halt/lag" my computer. But well I reformated because everything was lagging BUT then i reformat

SO I THINK everything is GOOD
but then here's the BIG PROBLEM the javascript link problem is stilling happening.
Then I update my computer with all the necessary goodies.
and IT STILL HAPPENS.
SO I GO TO RESTART AGAIN.
IT STILL HAPPENS
THEN I GO TO SYSTEM RESTORE AND GO BACK BEFORE I LIKE installed anything into the computer...
still happens.
THEN I GET SICK OF THAT
REFORMAT AGAIN
INSTALL MY AOL AND INTERNET CONNECTION SOFTWARE.
STILL HAPPENS.
I GO TO THIS WEBSITE i find some help
I do THIS:

INSTALL THIS:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en

RUN THIS:

Start-->Run-->regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Msjava.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Browseui.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Shell32.dll
STILL HAPPENS

AND NOW i don't know what to do. :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :-|

I don't know what to do. Could this be some sort of virus? I mean how could one survive a reformat/recovery

i don't know if this is pertinent, but i reformated using fat32? The screen talked about fat 32 or something.

ALSO i don't have a popup blocker and I ran spybot and nothing was found.

Posting the website or file where the javascript link is located will greatly help. It might not be your computer but the actual script that is at fault. If the computer is locking up for at least a minute then I can guarantee that it is the script because a reformat is definately going to clear up all your computer's problems.

PS. To check your version of IE, hit Help > About.

PS 2. No virus can survive a reformat.

PS 3. FAT32 is simply a hard disk file system type and has no role in this working or not, but knowing that you use FAT32 I can recommend you switch to NTFS as FAT32 isn't the latest and greatest file system anymore. HOWEVER, If you ever use DOS bootdisks or other OSes on your laptop (like Windows 95/98 or Linux) you won't be able to access your hard disk from those OSes. You okay with that? Cool, open a command prompt (Start > Run > type CMD > Press enter, type convert, press enter, if you get told that 'conversion will take place at next reboot' or similar then reboot, leave the computer alone for awhile (a good idea would be to do this overnight) and then you'll have integrated encryption/compression available.

PS 4. As a precaution I recommend antivirus software - AVG Free and ZoneAlarm together are a good combination.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.