hey, I recently got a new motherboard (Gigabyte 8I865GME-775GH). I installed all the drivers, but my sound still doesn't work. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

do you have speakers? are they on? is volume on minimum? are the speakers plugged in? (sorry about that, but it's something I had to ask)

what's in the hardware list? do you see the audiocard there?

right, it's one of those. I might be wrong about the model of the m/b, but in several gigabyte boards there was a sound problem, when the automatic driver CD installed the Realtek AC97 driver, and the actual chip was SiS7018 (might be wrong about the number). I usually solved it by removing realtek and installing the SiS manually

still not working :/

btw, I really appreciate your responses

No problem. I said I might be wrong about this specific model :)
Anyhow, if it's a brand new thing, and you are certain everything is installed and connected correctly, and there is no problem with the speakers - take it back to the shop, you should have warranty I suppose :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.