Hi guys,

I have a strange problem, my system's regedit doesnt function or open im using windows xp2, it gives me a stange message saying that its restricted by administrator, please help....

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

how about running regedt32.exe

If not then check if you are a local admin on your box. Let me know.

Are you restricted by a domain administrator? Or is this a personal computer

I am having the same problem with XP Pro SP2. I type in regedit and it says can't find. I tried the regedit32.exe and same message. This is a personal computer and I am logged in as administer. Any ideas appreciated. I like to go in and clean up the registry on a regular basis but haven't been able to do that for awhile.
Ken

Try this:

Run --> sfc /purgecache
and then run sfc /scannow

This will scan and fix all the system files.

About SFC Command
Scans and replaces any Microsoft Windows file on the computer and replaces any changed file with the correct version. This is a great command to run when you are running into an issue that is difficult to troubleshoot.

If the above solution does not fix the isse then follow this:

-> Extract and merge this reg key I have attached. You just have to double click on the .reg file.

Run --> sfc /purgecache
Will this work in W2k pro?

Run --> sfc /purgecache
Will this work in W2k pro?

Yes, this will work for Win2K Pro also.

Thanks for the reply. I was able to run regedit by going into Windows\I386\regedit and running it from there. I then put a shortcut in my quick launch toolbar.

If the above solution does not fix the isse then follow this:

-> Extract and merge this reg key I have attached. You just have to double click on the .reg file.

hi everybody i have tried all the things that r mentioned in this thread regarding (iam not able to open my regedit from run ) but still iam not able to open it at the same time i have also lost my folder options too .plz help me

whats the run code for task manager?? you no when u go to start>run... What is the code for that in task manager?? ......exe??

Malware is most likely the cause of these issues.

You should ask for help with cleaning procedures in the required forum.

Regards

runcode for taskmanager is ctrl+alt+del i dont understand y u need this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.