Im pretty sure i have the blue screen of death and i also have a problem where my computer does system automatic shutdown. I have tried to go into safe mode and last good configuration but the screen still comes up for a fraction of a second and my computer shuts down and reboots before can do anything. I know how to turn off the system automatic shutdown with run>shutdown -a, but i thought i had fixed it by running a virus and spyware scan before i got the blue screen of death. It said DCOM server process launcher service terminated unexpectedly.

I have a Windows XP sp 2 comptuer. Toshiba Satellite a45-s151 to be exact.

Please say there is a way to fix this problem w/out taking it in to someone to fix it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

First thing to try is to disable the automatic restart, when the computer is booting hit F8, when the menu comes up look for that option.

There is a possibility that this is maleware, do you have Adaware on this computer?

I do have adaware on my computer.

The code that it displays on the bottom is
***STOP: 0x0000008E (0x00000005, 0x00000000, 0xEE217CF0, 0x00000000)

I too have been having this BSOD issue and the same stop error starting 0x0000008E. Looking up on the MS website it says its a "memory violation" suggesting its RAM based. Ive run the RAM diagnstic (downloaded from the MS site) and its says the RAM is fine. Ive also run chkdsk /f in the command prompt and still get the crashes, which appear to be random.

If anyone has any ideas i would be truly grateful!

i have similar problem of blue screen on death ! i get frequent errors of ***STOP: 0x000000F4 . please help !
pls reply itsme_huzzy@yahoo.co.in

A quick butchers of an error message website suggests it may be:
0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive.

For more info try looking at the actual website and clicking on the link:

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

if this occurs while playing a game, it often means that your graphics card is not up to the job.
But if your graphics card is brand new, look for a little program called "speedbit video accelerator" and remove it! ~ this caused my constant BSOD's.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.