Hi there I am having a problem with reinstalling windows XP. I followed Stein's instructions on formatting and reinstalling XP. I followed all the instructions and everything was going good until it started installing devices. The bar started filling up showing it was doing something then suddenly the monitor went blank and said there was no signal. I don't know what happen. The computer was still running but the red light that shows the computer is doing something wasn't blinking like it should be. Please help. Thanks

Invazn

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

does your pc have sata?

does it have an addin graphics card, or is it built into the motherboard?

My monitor is connected to an addin graphics card, I tried connecting it to the one built into the motherboard but still nothing...

i know that XP has problems detecting SATA or RAID hard disks - this can commonly lead to wierd errors like this?

i know that XP has problems detecting SATA or RAID hard disks - this can commonly lead to wierd errors like this?

its been my experience that you don't get as far as Invazn got if it was a SATA drive and you didn't hit f6 to install the drivers for it .
I would follow the instruction and try again !!

maybe hes using an obscure chipset that XP doesnt support?

maybe!

well i know that XP died (i got a kernel panic) when i tried to install it on my server (it has a wierd motherboard) . I had to hit F6 and insert my driver disk.

Hey guys, I did everything following the instructions, but still the same problem....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.