I am getting a blue screen on my computer that says if this persists contact distributor and ask them for some files that may be missing. I'm thinking about reformatting my computer to solve this; but before I do I was wondering if anyone else had a quicker solution.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

What are your computer specifications?
Also what are you running when the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) appears?

Im usually away from my computer and when i come back it comes up. Last time I was using utorrent, and when i came back BSOD :) appeared

What computer are you currently running?
XP, Linux, Mac, etc
and also what are your specifications, RAM, GFX card etc.

I am running XP, i have a 1 GB of RAM, i am running sapphire for my GFX

which version of gfx card is it (radeon X1600 for example)?
RAM doesn't seem to be the issue, seeing as you have a lot of it.

yeah i dont remember the exact version of my GFX card and i'm not at home right now. However if it was the GFX card what would you suggest doing. Sorry for the trouble.

Well, normally a BSOD has white writing splashed all over it saying various things. Normally they often occur when playing games. Due to the RAM and the GFX card being the most important parts for gaming, if they not good enough, your computer shows it in panic via a BSOD.
But seeing as yours just appears after a long amount of time left doing nothing, try putting on a screen saver, might stop the BSOD appearing, because ur computer would be concentrating on the screen saver, thus it won't go into BSOD. Try that, if that fails, come back and i try to help more.

Well, normally a BSOD has white writing splashed all over it saying various things. Normally they often occur when playing games. Due to the RAM and the GFX card being the most important parts for gaming, if they not good enough, your computer shows it in panic via a BSOD.
But seeing as yours just appears after a long amount of time left doing nothing, try putting on a screen saver, might stop the BSOD appearing, because ur computer would be concentrating on the screen saver, thus it won't go into BSOD. Try that, if that fails, come back and i try to help more.

I tried the screen saver, however my computer freezes after a while. The blue screen doesnt pop up; however the light on my tower is constantly on. As if it is constantly working on something. and everything even a mouse click takes almost 5 minutes to register. This is after i leave the computer and come back after a long time ( a couple of hours)

mmmm very interesting...
What anti-virus program are you running at the moment?

im running McAfee 8.5i

Have you run an anti-virus scan?
If not, run one and clear any viruses/spyware from your PC.
That my solve the problem, if not come back to us.

yeah ive done that however this still happens everyonce in a while. Not as frequently as it used to but still sometimes.

This really is bizarre...
What is the most recent software you have installed?

i refromatted my comp this monday. So i havnt installed mucn. the last thing was utorrent.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.