Ok I changed my Windows XP bootscreen and I accidently overwrote the original one.

I have System restore disabled.

How do I fix this?????!!!!!!????!!!!???!!!??!!?!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Did you used any program for that ?
If yes then first uninstall that program and check for file named cxlogo.exe or cxuihost.exe under system32 forlder...if it was there delete it, and thn edit the boot.ini (hidden) file located in c: drive if it shows the following path in it:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /KERNEL=CXLOGO.EXE

Here in end the command /KERNEL=cxlogo.exe like if it shows any other command delete it till fastdetect (do not delete fastdetect) then restart system.

Did you used any program for that ?
If yes then first uninstall that program and check for file named cxlogo.exe or cxuihost.exe under system32 forlder...if it was there delete it, and thn edit the boot.ini (hidden) file located in c: drive if it shows the following path in it:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /KERNEL=CXLOGO.EXE

Here in end the command /KERNEL=cxlogo.exe like if it shows any other command delete it till fastdetect (do not delete fastdetect) then restart system.

what software did you use to modify and what windows do you us e(eg xp professional

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

what software did you use to modify and what windows do you us e(eg xp professional

Its available in Windows xp pro...its .ini(configuration) plus boot loader of xp it would be edited normaly in notepad also otherwise also from msconfig utility.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.