Hi ,guys and gals .first off I hate Hotmail ,but my wife uses it faithfully ,problem is she gets email from friends with a lot of little images in them that don't show up,cant see them justthe little red X or nothing at all ,just reference from sender that they should be there ,I checked every setting in hotmail options can't find anything .
My question is ,do you think it all the security settings i have set in IE's Internet options ,and programs like IE-Spyad and spyware blaster .ect.ect.ect. Thanks .

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you tried sending the same email to either 1. a different account, or 2. a different account and opened the email with a different program than IE (i.e. a non-webbased email provider)? If you do those two and you still have the problem then you know 1. hotmail isn't the problem, and 2. IE isn't the problem.

IE = Internet Explorer... just in case you didn't know :rolleyes:

Have you tried sending the same email to either 1. a different account, or 2. a different account and opened the email with a different program than IE (i.e. a non-webbased email provider)? If you do those two and you still have the problem then you know 1. hotmail isn't the problem, and 2. IE isn't the problem.

I did get here to send it to my Outlook Sxp.acct and some time the pictures come and sometimes they don't .

I think anyone who knows the answer to my hotmail problem would know what IE means !!:)

Hi ,guys and gals .first off I hate Hotmail ,but my wife uses it faithfully ,problem is she gets email from friends with a lot of little images in them that don't show up,cant see them justthe little red X or nothing at all ,just reference from sender that they should be there ,I checked every setting in hotmail options can't find anything .
My question is ,do you think it all the security settings i have set in IE's Internet options ,and programs like IE-Spyad and spyware blaster .ect.ect.ect. Thanks .

. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.

2. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the TOOLS menu, then
INTERNET OPTIONS, then click the ADVANCED tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is UNCHECKED(if it's CHECKED then UNCHECK IT). Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0' are CHECKED(if there UNCHECKED then CHECK them) then click OK.

3. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:

regsvr32 softpub.dll

(don't forget the "SPACE" between regsvr32 and softpub.dll)

then click OK

Then try signing into MSN Messenger and the Hotmail website again.

if anyone is having problems with MSN MESSENGER or WINDOWS MESSENGER or HOTMAIL then go here:

http://communities.microsoft.com/ne...cp=msn&slcid=US

click on msn.messenger

then click on NEW POST

and post ur question to a msn techie LIVE for FREE. they take about 2 hours to answers so REFRESH the newsgroup in 2 hours and ur answer will be there.(THEY DO NOT EMAIL U!!!) they post the answer in the newsgroup. Make sure u tell them ur operating system and the error message and ERROR CODE ur seeing and ur firewall(if u have one) ETC

Try Turning Off ur firewall im sure it will work especially if u have zonealarm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.