ok i got a nearly-new S3 trio 3D video card. but when i put it in windows only detects it as a standard pci video card, when it is an AGP card. so i can only get the standard resolution with 16 colours. i tried downloading the correct drivers, but it still says its a standard display adapter. so how do i fix it?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Sometimes you have to safely take it out, let the computer boot in to Windows once, then put it back in. (Do shut off power when taking it out/putting it in.)

Windows likes to be the "hero."

Sometimes you have to safely take it out, let the computer boot in to Windows once, then put it back in. (Do shut off power when taking it out/putting it in.)

Windows likes to be the "hero."

will it boot without a video card?

Maybe... You'll need to know keyboard short cuts to get windows to shut back down properly, so it doesn't have a hypochondriac reaction...

Sometimes your BIOS allows booting without a video card, then the operating system may complain...

CTRL + ESC ---> Open start menu
*up arrow* ---> Select "shut down" option
ENTER ---> do shut down option
ENTER ---> confirm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.