I have a Gateway Solo 1450 that was given to me by my dad. As soon as I logged in and proceded to click on something, I get the lovely Blue Screen Error and the computer restarts. It will do this over and over. My dad said he did put a new memory card in around the time that the computer started doing this. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I don't have the right system restore cd's. The ones he gave me are for a Solo 1100. I was told to try taking out the memory card, and have the directions to do this... but I am afraid of messing something up. The computer has Windows XP but for some reason it is using an older version... 98 maybe? Advice please!!!!!

Also... if the answer is try taking the memory card out... I have the instructions. What I dont know is could there be more than one memory card in there? If so, how will I know which one to remove?

Also... if the answer is try taking the memory card out... I have the instructions. What I dont know is could there be more than one memory card in there? If so, how will I know which one to remove?

yes there could be 2 ,but you have to take the ram cover off to see,if 2, easies way to find out what one might be causing the problem is simply remove one ,turn computer back on ,if it works you took out the right one ,if it doesn't work put it back and take out the other one . remember to unplug and remove battery when removing ram!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.