Is there anyone that can help me get rid of this rundll32.exe error. It drives me crazy, I don't know what I am doing to get this, but it slows down my computer, and well, if you have had it you know.
This happens everytime I shut down my computer... Any advise...
Thanks,
Lori

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

RUNDLL32 is the Microsoft Windows program that loads DLLs into memory so that they can be used by specific programs or by Windows.

To correct this problem, follow these steps:

1) Use any text editor (such as Notepad) to edit the System.ini file.
2) Add the following line to the [boot] section of the file:

drivers=mmsystem.dll

3) Save and then close the System.ini file.
4) Restart your computer.

Let me know if this works. Thanks!

RUNDLL32 is the Microsoft Windows program that loads DLLs into memory so that they can be used by specific programs or by Windows.

To correct this problem, follow these steps:

1) Use any text editor (such as Notepad) to edit the System.ini file.
2) Add the following line to the [boot] section of the file:

drivers=mmsystem.dll

3) Save and then close the System.ini file.
4) Restart your computer.

Let me know if this works. Thanks!

Now I'm not totally sure this correct or not but I think that fix is for win95./98 and win me.

Thank you very much.... I tried the edit suggestion first, and that seemed to work. I will keep both answers very close incase I get the error again. Also thank you for the what NOT to buy...... I define myself as computer savy...I can learn almost anything... I do not buy anything however or download anything unless I am sure..... Thanks a million!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.