can anyone tel me how to bypass blocked websites..
plz don't tel me abt proxy websites...
instead of proxy websites is there any method?.........

kyleberry58 commented: how to bypass websites that are blocked +0

Recommended Answers

All 36 Replies

Yeah - tunneling. Details - google them please.

can u tel me here the details... pls
i

Why don't you google this expression "tunneling to avoid blocked websites" and you'll have plenty of detailed guidance bringing you to success.

Sites like anonymizer can fetch you the restricted website from the server and display it to you.The server which blocks the site is fooled into thinking that you are viewing a page from anonymizer.

Blocked sites can also be accessed by typing in their IP address.A site can thus be accessed even if it is in the blocked list.For example, I used Netcraft to find out that the Rediff Web server is located at the IP address 202.54.124.171. By typing this number in the address bar of my browser I can see the Rediff homepage even if www.rediff.com blocked.

commented: Hey, I never thought to do that. Nice! +3

Just type vtunnel.com in address bar and browse through this website.

please dont use this site for illegal activity. If there blocked then its for a reason

please dont use this site for illegal activity. If there blocked then its for a reason

Just because a website is blocked doesn't mean it's illegal to access the website. Schools block websites (like gamefaqs.com or other game-related websites) from students but does this make the website http://gamefaqs.com illegal? No, it does not.

im saying its illegal because you are probably breaking your school/company "use of it facilities" contract

Uh, unless you've actually signed a contract about Computer/etc use there's no "contract violation".

actually you don't have to sign a computer policy to be binded by one. and circumventing a company/School block policy on their network IS ILLEGAL

actually you don't have to sign a computer policy to be binded by one. and circumventing a company/School block policy on their network IS ILLEGAL

What if it's at a middle/high school, and not a college?

its the same

at my high school there was a poster that said "use of it facilities is subject to the terms of use"

it's worst in GOVERNMENT Institutions. they will prosecute to the fullest extent of the LAW

Back on topic. What web filter is the school/college using?
From past experience with filters like DansGuardian you cannot bypass the filter by using IP addresses and you can't use a proxy server as it will still filter the incoming traffic.
My own suggestion would be, if it is a legit site, just as the IT department to unblock it for 10 minutes. Always works with me, maybe thats because I'm too nice to my people!

yes, i agree. if it is a legit site, just ask the IT department. This is all i have to say about this. From now on anyone discussing ways to disable filters/break company ploicy will recieve an infraction and the thread will be locked.

yes, i agree. if it is a legit site, just ask the IT department. This is all i have to say about this. From now on anyone discussing ways to disable filters/break company ploicy will recieve an infraction and the thread will be locked.

Well said j! Usually if its blocked, its blocked for a very good reason. I.e you shouldn't be leisurely surfing in company/school time!

I.e you shouldn't be leisurely surfing in company/school time!

exactly. time = money therefore time on facebook = being fired

exactly. time = money therefore time on facebook = being fired

ROFL! Are you sure you don't sit opposite me at work jbennet?! I hear this everyday, death to Facebook!

lol

tunnel could be a good idea.

check if ur server has a proxy set up means all ur sites are added up in the proxy server.
if so try kproxy/meeboproxy...

could work..

All advices are at users risk

The netcraft works. Thanks. :)

When I was at a hospital recently, I had my wife's laptop during my stay. I would try to look at simple sporting good sites like www.Cabelas.com (Worlds Foremost Outfitters), however, because I was connected to Holland Hospital wireless as "guest" it would block this with the reason of "weapons". Or another site I wanted to research I could not as it was blocked as "politically adversive". Having known about the ability to get around the Hospitals blockade would have let me look in a sporting goods website. I had also received email relating to post I had made at a few firearms forums I belong to, but they were also blocked due to "firearms".
I'm 55, and was not trying to search out some illegal sites, I just would have been pleased if I could have been able to reach the normal main stream sites that I might go to from home. I can understand that Holland Hospital would limit website access for it's employees, but as an older patient, it was more frustrating.

You guys just dont get it do you?

Its not about the legality of the site your trying to access at all....its about the regulations set by the administrator of the networks bandwidth your accessing for free.

If you dont like it, pay for your own bandwidth and bring your own modem.

You say a simple sporting goods website....what, that sells guns!

Even though your intentions maybe above board, if you were the hospitals Network Administrator would you want patients from the phsyco ward ordering AK47's on their gold cards?

Nothing pisses me off more than ignorance..If your 55 you should no better.

At least i expect this sort of attitude from school kids trying to access My Space on the schools network.

Geeesh...

Bandwidth might be an issue, but the truth of the matter is I was able to update Windows XP through the automatic upate feature. I was able to go to youtube.com and download a video of a Laproscopic surgery proceedure for gall bladder removal. Total size I believe was 18 megabytes. I was also able to view some friends of mine playing the didgerdioo. Each one of those "videos" takes up a WHOLE lot more bandwidth than going to www.cabelas.com

Cabela's is a firm that sells a lot of other things like camping gear, boots, shirts, fishing rods and reels, lures, binoculars, etc. Guns are not their main focus.

The gun laws have changed drastically. You could not, even with a gold card, browse to some site that did sell guns and purchase an AK47 over the internet. State and Federal regulations regarding guns require that guns only be sold by Federal Firearms License dealers. Many times state and even county regulations require further documentation and the filling out AND signing of documents before you are even sold a gun.

I'm 55 and I do "know" better. Going to Cabelas website to look at family camping gear or binoculars should not be a problem. Even going to MSN.msnbc.com would take up more bandwidth than going to Cabela's web site. It wasn't all about weapons, as there were other sites that were blocked by well known writers, as being politically subjective. It seemed like it was all about censorship.

Bandwidth might be an issue, but the truth of the matter is I was able to update Windows XP through the automatic upate feature. I was able to go to youtube.com and download a video of a Laproscopic surgery proceedure for gall bladder removal. Total size I believe was 18 megabytes. I was also able to view some friends of mine playing the didgerdioo. Each one of those "videos" takes up a WHOLE lot more bandwidth than going to www.cabelas.com

The point im making is that when you use a network owned by someone else, you enter into an agreement to be bound by the rules that they set which includes accessing only what they let you access!

Cabela's is a firm that sells a lot of other things like camping gear, boots, shirts, fishing rods and reels, lures, binoculars, etc. Guns are not their main focus.

I realize this, but the fact that data pertaining to weapons of anysort is available here rules it out under the guidelines that need to be set.....Im sure you would agree with this point?

The gun laws have changed drastically. You could not, even with a gold card, browse to some site that did sell guns and purchase an AK47 over the internet. State and Federal regulations regarding guns require that guns only be sold by Federal Firearms License dealers. Many times state and even county regulations require further documentation and the filling out AND signing of documents before you are even sold a gun.

I was probably exagerating in my description here but you know what i was trying to pin down.

I'm 55 and I do "know" better. Going to Cabelas website to look at family camping gear or binoculars should not be a problem. Even going to MSN.msnbc.com would take up more bandwidth than going to Cabela's web site. It wasn't all about weapons, as there were other sites that were blocked by well known writers, as being politically subjective. It seemed like it was all about censorship.

You hit the nail on the head!

I actually have a bypass that I wanted to post but I figured nah.this forum is cool but sometimes I just wanna do the naughty things. sometimes i think why larry why. why so strict. dont answer i know the rules i just want to be naughty as i mentioned before.
peace out

how to access facebook and other block sites?

some sites blocked ,such as facebook,youtube in some country ,,it's so bad
i have to buy paid vpn such as widevpn.com
who tell me how to unblock those sites.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.