abnormal program termination

(Press Rety to debug the application)
Abort Retry Ignore

If you click on Ignore, you get this message:

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE

abnormal program termination

OK

Press Abort, and it will do nothing, click retry and you get the first message again.

I have no idea what to do.
Ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Does more than one person use this computer?

It's possible several things may have happened: The most prominent being spyware or viruses.

Other than that, I'd look into completely uninstalling and then reinstalling Office XP.

Three other people use the computer (I think).

I have the exact same issue...
Havnt found any fix anywhere....Even uninstalling Office Clean, and reinstall does nothing....Rumor has it that it is a problem related to Nortons Internet Security program...I am about to remove it and try a fresh Office install...If anyone out there knows anything about this Error...PLEASE Shed some Nowledge...It has been a big setback for me & my work...

Do you have more then one firewall installed? If so, only one should be enabled.

Do you have any Norton/Symantec programs installed? If so, which one(s)?

Does this computer have SP2?

hey all....I've found my Fix...Apparently something currupted the App related to the Current Profile installing Outlook. I'm pretty sure it had to do with the install of Office With out dis abling any Nortons Security Apps. The clear fix was to create a new Profile and move all the Documents and Favorite folders over to be the same as the currupted profile....Sure you'll have to redo your window Apperences and desktop, but its far less aggrevating than to try and find the cause of the corruption.

Hey guys!!

there is one and only fix for this outlook debug error which i have found after a long research and that is:
delete your current mail profile from outlook and configure new one AND YOU ARE DONE!!

the procedure is as follows:
>> go to control panel >> from left side select: classic view
>>double click on mail icon and click on third tab "Show Profiles". >> remove this
>> take a backup of your outlook mail data file which is located in below outlook directory.
>> go to this path: C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\ and delete outlook folder from here (xxx is your user name )

>> Now re-create/reconfigure our outlook profile once again by filling up mail settings.

i have tested all these option those didnt worked to resolve this issue:
1. Repair Outlook from file menu bar
2. Repair Microsoft Office using office Installer CD
3. un-install complete office and reboot then re-install office
4. un-installing application/drivers/filters/add-on programs which i installed recently

So, dude's above is the only option to resovle your issue. I will suggest not to waiste time and try this.

Thanks & Regards
Ashok Kumar Chauhan | Team Lead (QA & Support Deptt.)
Noble Systems Corporation

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.