Hi All,
Im currently running Vista 32bit on an Core 2 Duo PC. The other day, after installing and uninstalling my anti-virus software to update and change i noticed some of my web pages were refusing to load. Sometimes if i closed the browser 3 or 4 times it would work, other times it would work for a little while and then suddenly stop halfway into doing something.

Google will load, but won't load any searches, facebook and any other sites i regularly use wont load at all it just hangs and says its searching. Firefox and IE both do the same thing, the other laptop on my network which im on right now has no issues at all. Really need some help as this is frustrating the hell out of me! Any advice appreciated, thanks guys..

Also worth noting, in safe mode i can load any pages whatsoever with no problem! This is a log from Hijack this i did just before

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:38:50 AM, on 31/05/2008
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend
Micro\TrendSecure\TSCFPlatformCOMSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\TrendSecure\TSCFCommander.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BEE1AC10-F818-4781-8EFE-4E812F971227}
- C:\Windows\system32\efcBuvVM.dll

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\Windows\system32\__c00BB0EB.dat

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Windows DreamScene {E31004D1-A431-41B8-826F-E902F9D95C81} -C:\Windows\System32\DreamScene.dll

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. -
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device
Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program
Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec
Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) -
Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service
(CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Unknown owner -
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program
Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) -
Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet
Security\isPwdSvc.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. -
c:\program files\common files\logishrd\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe

O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG -
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe

O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component
(SfCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend
Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe

O23 - Service: StarWind AE Service (StarWindServiceAE) -
Rocket Division Software - C:\Program Files\Alcohol
Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindServiceAE.exe

O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation -
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) -
Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

O23 - Service: Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention
Service (TMBMServer) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe

O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe

O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe

O23 - Service: TVersityMediaServer - Unknown owner -C:\Program Files\TVersity\Media Server\MediaServer.exe

--
End of file - 3422 bytes

Not sure if you have repaired your problem yet but, I had a similar problem that I worked on for 2 days. I download files off the internet like crazy and suddenly I couldn't get past my google homepage. I could look at all the pages in google likeimages, video, mail... but could not search or login to anything. AVG virus scan picks up nothing, Uniblue scans pick up nothing. So... I went to start/run/type msconfig. I looked in my startup items which I normally keep completely clear because of gaming and I found a file that was odd. The file on startup was mclwddjh.dll. This is an odd filename because it should not exist and especially in a startup location. I did a web search for this file and found nothing. Not even in the uniblue .dll file extensions search. So... I knew it shouldn't exist. I couldn't delete the file because it was in use and everytime I tried disabling it on startup, it would turn back on. So... I went into C:windows/system32/ and found the mclwddjh.dll and renamed it with some numbers before and after like 0000mclwddjh1234.dll just to confuse the program. Restarted my computer and got a error that mclwddjh.dll could not be found. YAY! I was then able to remove the file from startup under msconfig and delete the file completely. The internet works perfectly now and no other issues are to be found.

So, if you see any odd named files in msconfig startup and they wont disable because all should... then follow my steps of searching for the extension to see if its good or bad... or exists at all. Then rename, restart, and delete that poop. Hope this helps you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.