I have Desktop(installed XP Professional) with no internet connection.Which anti virus i installed i download it's updated virus database and update it.Peronally i use AVAST 4.8 HOME Edition.Yesterday i installed Avast then Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware and then Spyware Teminator then Threat Fire.

When i scanned using Avast it found Malware win32 virus.
I am confused After installing Avast Home Edition which can detect malware so why iam going to install Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware
If No then Any need to install S/W like Spyware Teminator or Spyware Doctor and Threat fire thereafrer ?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I have Desktop(installed XP Professional) with no internet connection.Which anti virus i installed i download it's updated virus database and update it.Peronally i use AVAST 4.8 HOME Edition.Yesterday i installed Avast then Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware and then Spyware Teminator then Threat Fire.

When i scanned using Avast it found Malware win32 virus.
I am confused After installing Avast Home Edition which can detect malware so why iam going to install Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware
If No then Any need to install S/W like Spyware Teminator or Spyware Doctor and Threat fire thereafrer ?

First of all, how did you get a virus on the computer if it has not internet hook up?
Because none of the programs look for the same things. All are specialized as to what they can look for and what they can remove.
Personally, if it were MY computer, I would get rid of Spyware Terminator, it never ranks with the best. The VERY best at this time is Malwarebytes' Anti-malware. Avast is an EXCELLENT anti-virus program. Spybot is also excellent.
Add to the list of MUST HAVES, SpywareBlaster. It is superb in its ability to block bad items BEFORE they get onto the computer. No, it is not a firewall. It is a specialized program that, when installed, updated and enabled and then CLOSED, will protect the computer from unwanted active x programs, tracking cookies and the like AND it has an excellent Restricted Sites portion which will stop the user from even going to these web sites. AND best of all, it doesn't run in the background. It doesn't need to, just keep it manually updated and all protection enabled and your surfing will be much safer.

Hi jholland1964,
Thanx for knowing me about SpywareBlaster.
But .When i scanned using it found malware type virus named some WIN32.

Now i am using only Avst Home 4.8 and daily i update it manually.
I am shocked how Avast found this Malware virus though i don't have any internet connections.Ya i agree it's a good Anti-virus.Still do i need Some special AntiMalware S/W for detecting any malware or am i fine with my Avst as it can detect.If fine then does it conflicts with malware ?

Hi jholland1964,
Thanx for knowing me about SpywareBlaster.
But .When i scanned using it found malware type virus named some WIN32.

Now i am using only Avst Home 4.8 and daily i update it manually.
I am shocked how Avast found this Malware virus though i don't have any internet connections.Ya i agree it's a good Anti-virus.Still do i need Some special AntiMalware S/W for detecting any malware or am i fine with my Avst as it can detect.If fine then does it conflicts with malware ?

Win32 files are USUALLY key system files. How do you KNOW it was malware?
You must have the wrong program because SpywareBlaster is NOT a scanner and doesn't even have a scanning capability. It is a protection program ONLY.
I really cannot understand this however...you say you DON'T have internet? How did you put these programs ON the computer? How can you update without internet? How can you get infected with something without internet?
Please Explain

I update manually.
I installed Avast which can be updated manually.
That day i found a malware though i have no internet connection.
Who said without internet connection ur computer is safe.
I usally go Cybercafe and bring some files using pen drive.
Don't u think my pen drive may have some vruses.
Anyway thank you.

I update manually.
I installed Avast which can be updated manually.
That day i found a malware though i have no internet connection.
Who said without internet connection ur computer is safe.
I usally go Cybercafe and bring some files using pen drive.
Don't u think my pen drive may have some vruses.
Anyway thank you.

You never stated this before. Of course files on a pen drive can contain viruses, but they should scanned BEFORE they are put onto the computer? They can be scanned ON the pen drive and if they are found infected then is when they should be removed not after installed on the computer. You have much less risk to key files on the computer if you do it this way. Set the pen drive so that it doesn't auto run and then use the Avast to scan the pen drive itself. That way you won't be introducing infection onto the computer.
The KEY is when you download something be sure you are using the legitimate download site to do so but I would also be very wary of using a public computer to get downloads, sounds to me like the computers there are infected. If by Cybercafe you mean an actual business with computers for public use.

I work on 2 OS Vista & XP and have installed the combo of Kaspersky & Advanced System Protector on Vista and Macfee & Advanced System Protector on XP. All 3 of them are good but the reason of using Advanced System Protector is that it gives routine updates of the latest definitions and is very easy to use....The On Execution Scanner & Alert Shields make it more efficient in the case of internet access. For me the Advanced System Protector is the Best Antispyware...U can also give a try...
free version of asp is also available at cnet

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.