Strange question I know. But I'm working on a removal tool for this one piece of malware alone. Reason being this is becoming a problem with some computers my company supplies as I work in IT Support.

A lot of people may argue it's better just to use a malware removal program for this but a lot of the time customers have old machines with 4 years worth of temporary internet files which take ages to remove.

So does anyone know where or how I can obtain this particular program as I need an infected computer to test on.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

To be honest, good luck finding it, esp as most modern browsers (which have built-in site alerts) would likely block any sites actually providing it.

To be honest, why are you re-building the wheel anyhow; Malwarebytes actually has a perfect strike-rate in dealing with this little buggar.

Gotta be a lot easier ;)

I use MalwareBytes myself and am aware of how good it is. It's a great program but most of our customers have heaps of temp files which takes an eternity to clear, especially if they are on old machines.

My program I want to test is purely just in the interest of saving time. It seems that theres a possibility that it comes from a third party application from Facebook, but then again a lot of people use it.

It had been reported from an Ad from within "FarmTown" and some customers had this. However, on my test machine after clicking ad after ad there is no luck in getting it.

It had been reported from an Ad from within "FarmTown" and some customers had this. However, on my test machine after clicking ad after ad there is no luck in getting it.

Well, given that my wife has an addiction with "FarmTown" - and half her family - and none have reported infections... which I'd be left to fix - it may well have been sourced and removed at some point.

Did have a thought. Try looking on Limewire. Given that almost every search seems to bring upteen-dozen malware-loaded results, you might actually hit the jackpot that way. Just a thought :)

Strange question I know. But I'm working on a removal tool for this one piece of malware alone. Reason being this is becoming a problem with some computers my company supplies as I work in IT Support.

A lot of people may argue it's better just to use a malware removal program for this but a lot of the time customers have old machines with 4 years worth of temporary internet files which take ages to remove.

So does anyone know where or how I can obtain this particular program as I need an infected computer to test on.

I find this entire discussion somewhat suspicious, especially from a supposed IT person who should know better.
Trying to remove this type of infection but NOT remove temporary internet files is really a silly way to go, many of these infections are IN the temporary files.
There is no reason that it would or should take ages to remove temporary files, even supposedly 4 years worth. There is NO way there would be 4 years of temporary files on a computer. There is only so much disk space alloted to temporary files, when that fills up the oldest would drop off anyway.
Remove them, either by using the browser itself or using Disk Clean up or using a program like CCleaner or ATF-Cleaner. It will not take ages to remove them.
As stated earlier, and also acknowledged by you, MBA-M is THE way to remove this family of infections, AND it can and does work without removing temporary files first so honestly this is a moot point. Use MBA-M.

Dont downlad that one its as simple as that because that hide a component (I'm a expert)in C:\ somewhere that manages to reinstall itself. Find an other one except from:
Personal Security, Personal Antivirus and Antivirus7 there are all different versions of each other and they do exactly what Personal Antivirus does (Recreates itself)

commented: Totally cofusing post. Poster has no idea what he claims. -1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.