Hello,

Last evening I was trying to print from my computer and was prompted to download Adobe Flash Player (from Adobe site) in order to be able to print this particular item. After downloading and installing Adobe Flash Player, I noticed a problem with AOL. I am able to sign onto AOL, however the Adobe page I was downloading from in still there and I cannot access my mail or anything else on this AOL account. I cannot close the Adobe download page. If I try to open my mail, my favorites, etc. I get the hour glass and AOL keeps saying "not responding". I did uninstall Adobe, rebooted and the problem still exists. All other email accounts on my AOL are working fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

How did you uninstall the Adobe Flash player? In order to uninstall the most recent versions of Adobe Flash player you must use their Uninstaller to do so.
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Save the file to the desk top for easy locating.
Once it is downloaded and on the desk top close ALL running applications, including all Internet Explorer or other browser windows, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, or other Messengers. Check the Windows system tray carefully to make certain no applications are still in memory which might possibly use Flash Player. This is VERY important to do this because the uninstaller cannot remove files currently in use.
Once all applications are closed then run the Uninstaller.
Once it is uninstalled, reboot the computer.

Thank you! I followed your directions and used the the Adobe uninstaller. AOL is back to normal. The Adobe download page has done away.

Fantastic. Happy to help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.