yada! yada! yada!
So much spyware, even more spyware programs to choose from. so much other PC problems even more maintenance programs to choose from.. Well here's the rap up on the best free programs..

1. SpyBot Search and Destroy; this program is powerful!!!
it, removes spyware, malicious,bad registry entries, browser hijackers, sets a block list of bad web pop-ups, has an internet tweaker, start-up blocker....Arrrrrggg!!! it has too much to say right now, and it installs on your computer with a measly 14mb! cant get any better than that! :cool:

2. Registry Mechanic; the perfect tool for registry cleaning, this program is so kool and easy to use, oooooooh...

3. Microsoft Antispyware; well this little tool from our dear microsoft is a little similar to the all powerful SPYBOT, it got all those features i listed above except for the baddy block list, internet tweaker and startup blocker.. but its distinct features are, removing threats without having to reboot to complete the process, track eraser (erase all your naugthy internet tracks) and a browser restore, and it installs with a whopping 14.7mb...

4. Spyware Blaster, this little piece of software puts a list of bad sites into internet explorer and also mozilla to prevent baddy :evil: pop-ups.

5. Rambooster, this file is tiny :mrgreen: it can even fit on a diskette, it gives you that extra boost of ram when ur pc needs it.

6. Sygate firewall, it does what a firewall does, but with a hip to it, net in, net out graphs, net logs, security logs, all that good stuff.

7. Now to rap up, this program does everything the 1st 6 programs can, but can also; defrag your hard disk (and give it an omptimization to avoid fragmentation in the future), defrag your regisrty, your ram (didnt even know there where prog' that could do that), internet tweaker, drive scrubber, junk file remover, software relocater, data recover and a whole lot of -ers..... it sounds too good to be for free doesn't it, well dats because it isnt System Mechanic is a decent piece of software to purchase so go get it... :p

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

7. Now to rap up, this program does everything the 1st 6 programs can, but can also; defrag your hard disk (and give it an omptimization to avoid fragmentation in the future), defrag your regisrty, your ram (didnt even know there where prog' that could do that), internet tweaker, drive scrubber, junk file remover, software relocater, data recover and a whole lot of -ers..... it sounds too good to be for free doesn't it, well dats because it isnt System Mechanic is a decent piece of software to purchase so go get it... :p

I don't know if I can trust 1 program to do all of those things mentioned above. I'd rather get a program that was written for a specific function. I don't think there's even a need to defrag RAM as it is cleared when you shutdown. Defragmentation should be a separate program and preferably one that can run in the background and before windows starts.

Just my 2 cents.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.