Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase help me. I think my computer has a bug. I was on it yesterday and it just shut down, Ithought it had over heated so I left it over night.

Today when I started up I get the window symbol and then it goes to the BSOD aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

I have tried all ways to get in but like safemode and previous working place, but still it goes to bsod and the only way to get past it is shut down. Please help me as I have so much stuff on my computer like pictures of my children :(

The area code is

Stop 0X0000007B (0XF7C13524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

What operating system? I am sorry to say however, that STOP 0x0000007B errors are very often caused by device driver issues especially those related to hard drive, could also mean the hard drive has failed.

Hi thank you for getting back to me I really appreciate it. I'm using an acer travelmate 4230 on windows xp. I was just using it and the curser became sluggish like it had a virous and then just shut down. It was very hot hence why I thought it was over heated.

Well, very hot, you may be right. Maybe the fan cut out.

Ive cleaned the fan out. How will I know if it was that??

Ive cleaned the fan out. How will I know if it was that??

Turn on the computer, if that was it then it will run.

when I turn it on it goes straight into the black screen of safemode, then I get the windows logo come up on the black screen as if its about to load up but the straight to the BSOD but the STOP code is different now its

Stop: 0X00000024 (0X001902FE,0XF79F1380,0XF79F107C, 0X8702780F)

Do you have the operating system CD?

yes but not sure how to use it when I cant log in (sorry I know bit about computers but am a novise when it comes to stuff like this)

yes but not sure how to use it when I cant log in (sorry I know bit about computers but am a novise when it comes to stuff like this)

I will tell you how to use it, I need to know if you have one and what operating system do you have....XP, Vista, Windows 7? What?
The disk should say either the name of the operating system or something like Restoration CD with the name of the operating system. But I have to know which one.

I am on windows xp but the cd I have just says factory restore disc. I had it through a company with my uni and they bought it to me all set up and then gave me the disc.

On the cover of the disc it also has my computer serial number.

I am on windows xp but the cd I have just says factory restore disc. I had it through a company with my uni and they bought it to me all set up and then gave me the disc.

On the cover of the disc it also has my computer serial number.

That is the right disk.
Now I want you to attempt this, if it doesn't work come back and tell me exactly what happens.
CheckDisk Using Windows CD

1. Insert your Windows XP CD into your computer's CD-ROM drive and restart your computer. If your computer is not booting into Windows, you will still need to have your computer powered on to open the CD-ROM drive and insert the CD before restarting.
2. Many newer computers are set to boot CDs by default or have an option to temporarily change the boot order. Look for one of these messages as your computer starts:

* F12 (or another key) = Boot Menu
* ESC (or another key) to select boot device
* Press any key to boot from CD

3. If you needed to press a key for a boot menu or to select a boot device, you should now have a menu of the devices your computer can try to boot from. Choose your CD-Rom drive and press Enter.
4. When you see the "Press any key" message, your computer is ready to boot from the Windows XP CD. Just press Enter. Your system will load files and bring you to the Windows XP Setup screen.
5. At the Windows Setup screen, press R to enter the Recovery Console.

* NOTE: If you are unable to access the recovery console, your CD may be damaged, or the problem could be more severe and require professional system recovery.

6. You will enter the Recovery Console and be asked to choose which Windows installation you would like to log into. Most users will only have one choice.
7. You will be prompted to enter the administrator password. This is the password set for the user Administrator. You may have set this password when you first were configuring your computer. If you are uncertain what password to enter here, try leaving the line blank and just pressing ENTER.
8. You will be presented with a C: prompt. Type the following:

chkdsk /r

and press ENTER.
Checkdisk will now run. The scan may run for several hours.
When the scan is complete, a report will display.
To leave the Recovery Console and reboot your computer, type exit and press Enter. Remember to eject your Windows XP CD before your system tries to boot off of it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.