okay, guys please help me :)
i am using windows 7, panda antivirus, MBAM, usb disk security.
there is an autorun.inf in my usb flash drive.
usually this is not a problem because i use USB Disc Security to save me from those autorun.inf from my flash drive, but i failed to delete it.

so, i opened the usb flash drive and i see that autorun.inf is hidden.
i tried using command prompt at the usb flash drive.

G:\>attrib -s -h *.* /s /d

and i got this

access denied - G:\AUTORUN.INF

i got pissed off because usually it works, and after that i will rename the file to ".vir" or anything else and delete it after i restart my computer.
so i tried using this software "unlocker"
it says that the item cannot be removed, do you want to delete it on the next reboot, i clicked yes, i restart my computer then my computer hangs at the start window (windows logo, black background) so i did a hard shutdown(hold the on button few seconds till it is off). but when i on my laptop again, it runs as usual.

i want to know is there any way to delete this Autorun.inf ?
usually this "attrib -s -h *.* /s /d" and "rename and delete" usually works, but it seems viruses are advance than me. :S

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i tried autorun eater, still no luck. autorun.inf is still there.

well, here i attach a screenshot when i try to delete is directly.
maybe the file is superhidden, or the attributes is more priority than system files. :-/

According to the link below "Microsoft has removed the autorun.inf feature from Windows 7. This means that when you insert the USB drive, the programs will not automatically start up."

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/autorun-inf-does-not-work-in-windows-7-anymore/

Also see this link http://blogs.technet.com/srd/archive/2009/04/28/autorun-changes-in-windows-7.aspx
"AutoPlay will no longer support the AutoRun functionality for non-optical removable media. In other words, AutoPlay will still work for CD/DVDs but it will no longer work for USB drives."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.