does anyone knows how to fix my computer... i tried every anti virus.. and even reformatted my computer..but still i cant install any antivirus programs..after i click the "setup.exe" the program will show in a blink..!! then there's nothing...hel me please... if anyone knows how to fix this.. please help me..

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I might recommend that you try http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

It does have a small install component and if that doesn't install then you're pretty much not going to be able to use it.

Alternately, what you might need to do is find an anti-virus that runs off it's own bootable CD so that it can scan prior to windows loading. Odds are you probably have a rootkit virus (read: boot sector) in place that also has been programmed to 'block' the install of most common AV softwares.

The problem with rootkit viruses is that even with a reinstall of your operating system, many still persist. There are specialized tools out there to remove these but they can sometimes cause more damage than they fix depending on the source.

I have a couple suggestions for you, but their mileage may vary...please let us know if they work and if not PLEASE GIVE US your system specs, especially your operating system!

I would start out by using a smaller AV program which isn't as popular and so with any luck the virus won't be able to shut it down, my suggestion is Avira, it's free and easy to use. Make sure to download and install Avira updates before running it.

Lusiphur's suggestion of using an online scanner such as housecall are a good idea but I know that Housecall costs money, in the alternative I would run Microsoft's free online virus scanner and removal. Let us know how it works out for you!

I know that Housecall costs money

I use housecall regularly for free so not sure what you mean there :)

From what I can recall Housecall is free to scan with but then they charge you to actually remove the infections. Microsoft's option does both. Maybe I was losing it a bit at the time, I had been infected by Windows Police Pro and was ready to take a hammer to my machine. No fun.

House Call does remove infections found without charge as far as I know.But obviously another tool needs to be tried.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking using the instructions for your version of Windows found below:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial61.html

Once booted to Safe Mode with Networking do this:

Download the following file to your desktop.
rkill
Once it is downloaded, double-click on the rkill.com in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with the possible infection. A small black window will likely appear while the program looks for and stops the processes associated with the infection.When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Proceed to the next step.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBA-M) to your Desktop.
DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.

REBOOT the Computer-VERY IMPORTANT

Now you must again run MBA-M in Normal Mode as it does not scan all files in safe mode. So update the program once again and do another full scan following the above instructions. Be sure to Reboot the computer after the cleaning is complete.
Post back here with BOTH the Safe and Normal mode logs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.