So I turn on my laptop and within 5 minutes the fans turn on high and the thing is smoking hot.

When I tried to use alt + cntrl + del to see if anything was running and using up the processor and ram to make it do that, the task manager won't come up.

I have tried to scanning with Ad-aware, norton, another virus scan, and just about all i can think about.

I have searched everywhere to see if I could fix it, or download the task manager, or install it off the windows cd, but nothing will work.

Does anyone have any idea what has happened and how I can fix it?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

So I turn on my laptop and within 5 minutes the fans turn on high and the thing is smoking hot.

When I tried to use alt + cntrl + del to see if anything was running and using up the processor and ram to make it do that, the task manager won't come up.

Try hitting control alt delete. You may have gotten confused and done the steps out of order.

fixed it, thanks though

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.