Just moved and the cable/internet guy told me I have a nasty trojan called "deploy.akamaitechnologies"..... said he'd seen them before and they were very hard to get rid of, I've looked online and found many posts from people with this problem yet no concrete solutions, I need help taking if off my computer, please!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Just moved and the cable/internet guy told me I have a nasty trojan called "deploy.akamaitechnologies"..... said he'd seen them before and they were very hard to get rid of, I've looked online and found many posts from people with this problem yet no concrete solutions, I need help taking if off my computer, please!

To my knowledge, Akamai is not a baddie.
They are a large content provider / server system. Many legit companies use them ( and some not-so-legit, as well ). I don't think there is anything to worry about here.

If it really bothers you, you could run the tools in the linky below and post the scanlogs:

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread134865.html

Cheers :)
PP

Really? Wow, he spooked me, telling me that this was the cause if my computer slowed down and that it was really a nasty one. That I should look online at once and get instructions of how to erase or my computer's performance would degrade over time.
So you say it's harmless? No need to worry, right?

So you say it's harmless? No need to worry, right?

As far as I know, they are simply very very very large third party content provider. It is quite possible that they could host a baddie now and then, but I wouldn't worry too much.

If your compy has been erratic of late, run the tools in the linky I posted - At the very least MBAM and DDS and post those for us and we'll have a look.

PP:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.