Hi, can anyone help ive been running Grisoft AVG Free for a couple of years now, but last week my Update Manager and Internal Data Base started showing out of date and a message displays saying update unfinished and to complete same my PC must be restarted, which i have done but still failing to update. Ive also tried to reinstall AVG Free but i am getting an installation failure message

Local machine: installation failed
Initialization:
Error: Checking of state of the item file file_User_LocalAppData_Outlook_extend.dat (lee Higgins 1) failed.
File opening failed. %FILE% = "C:\Documents and Settings\lee Higgins 1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat"
Permission denied

im using win XP

Thank you in anticipation.
Wizardnot

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you tried uninstalling?

yes but it wont uninstall due to the same fault previously stated

Ive sorted this prob out myself, seemed to be a file access problem due my kids altering security access to some files.

i face the same problem as wizardnot. Please help me I dont understand what to do.
Local machine: installation failed
Initialization:
Error: Checking of state of the item file file_User_LocalAppData_Outlook_extend.dat (Administrator) failed.
File opening failed. %FILE% = "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat"
Permission denied

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.