It's no burger biggie, but it's an irritant. I'm running 2000 Pro on, would you believe, a Pentium 233. Before you fall down laughing I'll have to say it's not real speedy, but it is not as slow as one might think. 2M does a great job of kicking things up.

I'm getting an error message on boot: RUNDLL with an X - Error loading c:\winnt\downloaded program files\bridge.dll. This specific module could not be found.
I'm sure it is part of an applet I probably installed and then uninstalled, but I'm not sure how to locate the source of the problem and zap it. Can someone give me a clue?

Thanks, BuddyB

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try doing a search here on bridge.dll. This error has been pretty prevalent-- I'm sure you will find what you seek.

General consensus is that it's related to spyware. Try the suggestions listed in this thread for some help:

Helping yourself: what you can do first

The bridge.dll problem is definitely spyware related.

I'm moving this to the Security forum, as that is where we deal with spyware, virus, etc. issues.

Read through many of the previous posts in Security to find the solution to the bridge.dll error and many other spyware-related problems.

:)

It's no burger biggie, but it's an irritant. I'm running 2000 Pro on, would you believe, a Pentium 233. Before you fall down laughing I'll have to say it's not real speedy, but it is not as slow as one might think. 2M does a great job of kicking things up.

I'm getting an error message on boot: RUNDLL with an X - Error loading c:\winnt\downloaded program files\bridge.dll. This specific module could not be found.
I'm sure it is part of an applet I probably installed and then uninstalled, but I'm not sure how to locate the source of the problem and zap it. Can someone give me a clue?

Thanks, BuddyB

Might I suggest Ad-Aware and Spybot

Download the latest version of Ad-Aware at ADAWARE

Download SPYBOT

How to setup Ad-Aware and Spy-Bot S&D
http://www.zerosrealm.com/scanning.php

And after that, please do the following:

Download 'Hijack This!'.HERE

Unzip (extract) it to a folder of its own.Like c:\HJT\hijackthis.exe , Then Doubleclick HijackThis.exe (in the new folder), and hit "Scan".
When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, then Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here. for hijackthis,most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

reboot computer and post a new hijackthis log

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.