Hello everyone;

I would appreciate if anyone can help me out how to trouble shoot of the following windows problems:

1. I can no longer boot my pc on ANY Safe Modes options.

When I leave my computer switched off for at least 16 hours or more then turn it on it will boot to safe mode in 2 or 3 minutes only and then restarted. From this point, I cannot boot to any safe mode any more choosing them one by one i.e Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with prompt, start wiht last good known configuration etc!

2. Setup cannot continue press F3 to restart the machine.

I've inserted the Windows XP CD service pack 2 for REPAIR but it didn't work. I also been tried run a complete setup to obtain a new windows (forget all files on my drive) but after detecting previous windows it shows my partition drives, then I just press Enter to continue the setup and the message appears and said; Windows cannot continue setup... press F3 to quit.

Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What kind of computer is this?
It's not clear to me that this machine will boot at all.
Can you get into XP?
Are there any error messages or past problems?

One guess would be a power supply problem.

2. Setup cannot continue press F3 to restart the machine.

after detecting previous windows it shows my partition drives,

Please help!

this is where you need to delete the partition with winxp on it ,and create a new one,loosing all data /files on the drive ,then format the partition and winxp install should continue

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.