I removed some programs from my computer and I think I accidently removed the program for the sound, when my computer starts a bubble in the task bar says new hardware found, then a window opens that say s the install wizard will install the hardware, when it trys it says it cant find the multimedia audio controller. I went to the start menu and looked in sounds, speech, and audio then to change sound scheme, then audio tab, the selections sound playback and sound recording both say default device CamdDriverV32Wave,with no other options, the MIDI section says no MIDI play back devicees. I downloaded a program that is supposed to seach for missing drives but it says the sound drive is fine.I'm really not good with computer so I have tryinto learn as I go I'm not sure if there is enogh information here for anyone to help me, but I will take any advice at this point.THanks!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

It sounds as though your sound driver is missing.
We'll need the make and model of the computer, or the sound card part no. to find the correct driver.

Well the computer is a dell dimension 8300 and for the model number it says DHM I was expecton an actual number so I'm not sure, does this make sense?

Thanks for the PM, but it's better to continue the thread so everyone can see the resolution.
Dell support is here:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
Just enter your model (Dimension 8300) in the appropriate boxes, and you'll be taken to the drivers page where you can download the driver.
You'll probably need to enter your service tag to identify which driver applies to your unit.
Download the driver to a known location and follow the install instructions.

Thank you so much! Got the sound back! You are the best, don't know what I would have done with out you. If I have any problems I will deffiently come back here for the answer. I might even just hang around and try to learn some stuff! Thanks again

You're welcome.
Hang around long enough and you'll be answering instead of asking.

hi 2 u all im new2 this so plz be nice lol...........
anyway i have no sound i go in to divce mang and i see a yellow ? on Multimedia Audio Controller and when i tryed 2 reinstall it it comes up with cant cuz windows cant find folders and its doing my nut in i have tryed everything and getting no were so can you plzzzzzzzzz HELP ME im really am smashing my head in lol i also read up alot and i really hate reading but i no u need this

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Intel Corporation
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.40 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Intel Corporation D845GEBV2 AAA97674-107
Serial Number: ABBV34234644
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. RG84510A.86A.0028.P15.0302260937 02/26/2003
Drives Memory Modules c,d
40.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
35.02 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

_NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A [CD-ROM drive]
HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8523B [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD400JB-00ETA0 [Hard drive] (40.02 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCAHL4301690, rev 77.07W77, SMART Status: Healthy 768 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'J6G1' has 512 MB
Slot 'J6G2' has 256 MB
Controllers Display
Standard floppy disk controller
Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CB
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] RADEON 9600 SE Family (Microsoft Corporation) [Display adapter]
RADEON 9600 SE SEC Family (Microsoft Corporation) [Display adapter]
Hansol 15.7 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, November 2003)
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7 Unimodem Full-Duplex Audio Device

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.