This is a new one to me. When my computer boots up, I get a Login dialog 1st instead of the normal screen where you select the user and enter the password.

If I log off, I get to the original user select screen, but everytime I restart, I get the login dialog.

I have no idea how to fix this.

Anyone here that can help me?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

OPTION A:
1. Use your Windows XP (if that is your OS) to repair your windows.
2. Done.

OPTION B:
1. That might be your BIOS login promt.
2. To clear BIOS login promt, go to BIOS and under user management option.
3. Change the settings.
4. Done.

Good Luck.

or you could go to user accounts in the control panel and change the way user logs on and off

OPTION A:
1. Use your Windows XP (if that is your OS) to repair your windows.
2. Done.
Good Luck.

just a question ,this is a couple of times i've seen you tell people how to use the disk to do a repair ,would you please tell me how this is done ,as i only get a dos prompt when i go to R for repair ,any commands i should type or do i just guess as to what to type in
thanks jack

just a question ,this is a couple of times i've seen you tell people how to use the disk to do a repair ,would you please tell me how this is done ,as i only get a dos prompt when i go to R for repair ,any commands i should type or do i just guess as to what to type in
thanks jack

1..Set your BIOS to BOOT from CD-ROM.
2. Insert The Windows XP Cd into your ROM.
3. The screen will prompt a msg saying "Press any key to boot from DVD/CD".
4. Press ENTER to continue.
5. You will get a BLUE screen(loading).
6. There will 3 OPTIONS, press Enter = Continue, R = Repair or F3 = Quit.
7. Press ENTER.
8. Press F8 to agree with agreement.
9. It will detect a previous version of Windows available on the PC.
10. press R to repair.

wow hope people don't forget to hit R ,the second time or they could load a second windows install by mistake .and mess up the computer big time .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.