Ho to hide files and folders in Windows XP? (I mean not “hidden” attribute). I want no-one to see them no way.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

get your own computer and put a pad lock on it .lol
not sure if there is a way to hide it completely without 3rd party software program .

works for me

I'm using Vista Home Premium and get the error Web Page Cannot be Found. Maybe its one of those Vista things.

commented: Funny Statement.. +3

I'm using Vista Home Premium and get the error Web Page Cannot be Found. Maybe its one of those Vista things.

must be ,even the link in you quoted post works for me .try typing it in and see what happens

http://www.fixmyxp.com/content/view/187/129/

the link work and thats a pretty neat trick

Yeah, sure there are some progz. Try FileFilter (from coderstudio.net). It can hide files and folders. Can even set password.

just use a file encrypter so the folder use choose cannot be opened without password.

the link work and thats a pretty neat trick

i get as far as changing the icon text and typing in 255 while holding ALT and nothing changes .

Tried typing it in and clicking. Link doesn't work for me (although I can see a preview screenshot if I hover over it) weird.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.