Hiya!

Here I am, this time to try and get something different sorted, would that be possible, that is.

My laptop runs under XP Home Edition SP2 and I have Ms Office Teacher & Student 2003 installed.

Now, the funny thing is that I am experiencing some trouble here and cannot figure out how to solve it.

There are links in Outlook 2003 that we can click in order to access different pages on the internet by using the default Internet Browser. My one is Mozilla Firefox, by the way. When I clicked a link from within an email, there would be a window popping up "Locate web browser". Having done a search on the internet, there was this info that said that if we follow the path and go to the Internet Browser Folder (which I did), click on it and then ok and out, the links would be just up and running. No way, what they do now is take me to my Firefox Homepage and that's it. Any ideas of how I can revert this situation and fix it in an appropriate manner, please?:icon_question:

Despite the fuss and annoyance, if there is a link where the web address is showing, at least we can copy it and paste it; but if it happens to be a "click here" type of thing, then the trouble is there, because we don't know how to access the intended page.

What could I possibly do to get rid of this situation and get it fixed, please?

Thanks a lot for your help and assistance.

Tony.:icon_redface: :confused:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

maybe the click here link is just that a link to your browser and not a specific web page.
If you just put you cursor over the link it should show the site address

maybe the click here link is just that a link to your browser and not a specific web page.
If you just put you cursor over the link it should show the site address

Yes, caperjack, I guess it should bout it wouldn't. Thanks for your suggestions anyway.

I managed to sort that out in a very straightforward way, meaning a really basic and simple way. I made briefly my IE7 my default browser, everything started working just fine and then I made Mozilla Firefox my default browser again - I guess it was something like an "attention seeker" to some extent.... everything's back on track now.....Ta. Tony:cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.