Is There Any Way To Partition A Pen Drive??

Which Software Is Suitable???

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Well, personally, I've partitioned my drive using built-in Disk Administrator, and it worked for me...

Well, personally, I've partitioned my drive using built-in Disk Administrator, and it worked for me...

Hi, excuse me, you can say me please what software do you use as disk administrator, because i can't find anything.. thanks

Disk Administaror(or disk management) it's a windows prog, you can find it in control panel -> computer magement -> disk management. but i don't think that disk administrator is a good thing for partitioning. it's worth to use 3d party progs, like disk director.

Disk Administaror(or disk management) it's a windows prog, you can find it in control panel -> computer magement -> disk management. but i don't think that disk administrator is a good thing for partitioning. it's worth to use 3d party progs, like disk director.

thanks for your answer fry, well, I have a problem with a mp3 player and pen drive of 2 gb, the memory has two partitions, one normal and other private, but when I delete the private partition the memory only taken 128 mb, and I can't to do that the memory return to the original size, can you help me??? :sad:

about your mp3 player, it's better to format itself, it must have the option "format" or something like this read the manual.
about flash drive:
do you need to keep this lost partition, or you want to delete all of the partitions on it and make one 2gb partition? but all the same you it would be easier to use 3d party prog i've written before. by the way disk director can restore lost(deleted) partition.

well, the mp3 is a pen drive also, my throuble is that I lost the partition of 2 gb, and only can create a little partition of 128 mb, I don't know where are the other 1920 mb, I'm trying with software as partition recovery, fat recovery or disk director suite, but anything can restore to the partition original of 2 gb

it's a bit strange:

my throuble is that I lost the partition of 2 gb, and only can create a little partition of 128 mb

have you tried recovery expert from the disk director suite? by the way is it somewhere shown that your flash drive has 2Gb?

yes I tried, but the program say me that recovery expert cannot find any unallocated space on my hard disk, is like the program don't work with pen drives, only in his box say the 2 gb jeje, because i don't can find a program that supports partitions of pen drives

by the highest standarts pen drives don't differ from the the common IDE ones. what is you pen drive manufacture? i think it's worth to look their site, coz most of manufactures have their own drive utilities.

i am also have the same problem i lost my 3GB memory its there any way to find the memory ??

i want to remove the existing partition in mp4 player and extend to that, how much i require. in windows not in linux

is linux is best to do this

i want to know how can i partition a kingston pen drive 4 GB. thanks in advance.

Hi coolerwala and welcome to Daniweb,
You have hijacked an old thread from May 22nd, 2007.
If you want more assistance, please start your own thread so that some one can assist you.

You only have 4GB, why not just put the details in separate master files. Instead of opening drive F:\ and G:\ you can open drive F:\part 1 and drive F:\Part 2.
When you plug in your drive , open it and right click in the window, click new, folder, type Part 1, enter, right click in window, click new click file, type Part 2, enter. You now have what looks like 2 partitions in your drive.

how create partions in my pendrive send solution inmy email id

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.