I tried the 'add/remove' pgm in windows XP Limewire was deleted from the list, went to desktop and clicked on the icon on the desktop and the pgm still ran. I rebooted and the Limewire still can be run from the desktop icon. The only diff is it does not list in the Add/Remove pgms list.

In Limewire folder there is a file 'do not remove' with 0kb

Ran Adaware and Spybot and A2(squared)

Any ideas???

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Limewire is defined as spyware. You can easily uninstall it here: remove Limewire

Hi,

Just a wondered......i followed the link to 'spy no more' and gives the procedure for removing the spyware stuff from limewire. But, if you remove the spyware does it make limewire unusable? or will it still work.

Cheers

We can only advise you on removing the spyware. Forum rules forbid assistance being given regarding using the file sharing software.

i have another problem with limewire. everytime i close it, it reopens again. when i try again it does the same.

i have tried to uninstall it, and i did. but i need it, so i was wondering if there is any way to get limewire back but stop the self opening thing

all help will be appreciate it

I just had this problem but, I got it. Simply click
Start>>Run>>Type "C:\Program Files\Limewire">>Drag and drop the "Limewire" icon into the trash>>Start>>Limewire>>Uninstall
That should do the trick. :)

If that method has been done, sorry. I just found this forum and decided to post a quick reply. :)

i have another problem with limewire. everytime i close it, it reopens again. when i try again it does the same.

i have tried to uninstall it, and i did. but i need it, so i was wondering if there is any way to get limewire back but stop the self opening thing

all help will be appreciate it

Either you have it clicked to automatically start, or you've been bugged. If it's not the auto thing, go buy an anti-viris/spyware thing. They only run like 40$USD.

You can always delete the software and its directory and then use a registry cleaner to deal with potential orphans.

If you're infected with anything, it's a different story and the Virus forums are here to help woth that.

Considering this was 5 years ago, im fairly certain the original posters problem is solved. Marked as solved.

File sharing in general isnt bad, but illegal filesharing is. There is plenty of legal uses of peer to peer (e.g using bittorrent to download opensource software as it saves the developers on bandwidth)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.