Hello....I run XP, and up until a week ago, there were no problems with watching Youtube. Today, I get.....Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.....

So, I downloaded the flash player, and it says success, but no movies. My java script appears enabled, as it should be. I downloaded Adobe Reader 9, and Flash Player 9, but no change. I did this several times.

As of now, I did a Restore, and am back to Adobe Reader 8. I don't know what Flash Player I have. So I'm back where I started.

Can anyone help me, please? If I need to uninstall anything, like a current flash player, I didn't want to do it if I'm not positive about what I'm doing. And should I get Adobe Reader 9? :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you download service pack 3 for xp? If you did not, try completely uninstalling your flash (via add/remove programs), and then do a reinstall. If you did download the sp3, let me know, and I will try and find out what your issue is. It happened to me on my laptop after I downloaded sp3. Let me know!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.