I am running an Internet Cafe of 20 PC's and I've a BT Broad Band Connection with D-Link ADSL Router. Every thing is working fine but one of my WinXP Professional PC not getting an IP Address Automatically from my ADSL Router as it has a built in DHCP Service. Also when I open Internet exploror it closes as soon as its open. When I specify an IP address manually and set the Router's IP Address as a gateway it starts pinging the IP address of the website but we cannot ping the host name like www.yahoo.com, but the explorer things remain same. I remove MCafee Antivirus from my computer but the problem remains same. Kindly Suggest.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Sounds like you got a little bug in it. If all 20 pc's are the same, just ghost the harddrive from one of the other computers.

This is not the solution mike. I need a proper solution, can anybody help me.

one of my WinXP Professional PC not getting an IP Address Automatically from my ADSL Router as it has a built in DHCP Service.

Which exact service? Obvious question, but can't you simply disable the conflicting service?

Also when I open Internet exploror it closes as soon as its open.

That behaviour could be due to a few different things; things possibly not related to your other issues at all (viruses and spyware, for example, can do this to IE).

When I specify an IP address manually and set the Router's IP Address as a gateway it starts pinging the IP address of the website but we cannot ping the host name like www.yahoo.com

Sorry for another obvious question, but you did manually specify valid DNS server IPs when you manually set the machine and gateway IPs, yes?

What does ipconfig /all have to report about the machine's IP settings?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.