How do I get Tools, Internet Options back on my computer...it will not load from the browser
and it is not showing in Control Panel...is there any way to type the code back in? I am good at following directions...just don't know what to do..thanks:'(

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

forget it and download firefox or opera instead.

If you are not at work, and depending upon which type of OS you are using, it is possible somebody either played a trick on you or you have a virus or trojan which is written in such a manner as to remove these items so you can't reconfigure options. If you have Windows XP Media Edition, Windows XP Pro, Vista Business, Vista Ultimate, Vista Enterprise, these can be configured to remove many items from the GUI of the OS.

You can check this by going into the Group Policy Editor, in XP click Start-Run, then type in 'gpedit.msc' and then hit Enter. The Group Policy Editor appears.

Click on User Configuration, then click on Internet Explorer, then click on Browser Menus. On the right hand side options appear. Look in the list for the setting: Tools Menu: Disable Internet Options.......menu. Click on this and read the discription, then look and see if this option is set to Enabled.

First check with some anti virus if there is a trojan or malware in your system... if not then as NORGEMAN69 said someone might hav played with the options....

If you are not at work, and depending upon which type of OS you are using, it is possible somebody either played a trick on you or you have a virus or trojan which is written in such a manner as to remove these items so you can't reconfigure options. If you have Windows XP Media Edition, Windows XP Pro, Vista Business, Vista Ultimate, Vista Enterprise, these can be configured to remove many items from the GUI of the OS.

You can check this by going into the Group Policy Editor, in XP click Start-Run, then type in 'gpedit.msc' and then hit Enter. The Group Policy Editor appears.

Click on User Configuration, then click on Internet Explorer, then click on Browser Menus. On the right hand side options appear. Look in the list for the setting: Tools Menu: Disable Internet Options.......menu. Click on this and read the discription, then look and see if this option is set to Enabled.

I do not have Internet Explorer Under User Configuation, only SOFTWARE SETTINGS, WINDOWS SETTING,ADMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATES. I went under Administrative Templates/Windows components/Internet Explorer/Internet Control Panel and
When the options appeared I saw that Tools Menu: said not configured. I clicked Enable then tried and I got an error message...I tried disable and the same thing (the internet options box does not snap-in when you click on Tools, Internet options.) Do you have any other suggestions?

I still need HELP with this Internet Options snap in thing....see above...

Must I call DELL, I have Windows 7 inorder to get Tools and Internet Options as it disappeared.

PLease help me reset my password; I am now a guest because someone screwed with my Dell windows 7 desktop and also I need to be able to get to tools and internet options and if you could help me set the new password I will be able to do the rest I think.

No help with passwords here sorry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.