i just brought half life 2 episode pack but my d drive wont load it. then the lcd light stats flashing if i try to enter d drive throught my computer it comes up not responding what can i do to make it work i dont know computer stuff

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I assume that "D" drive is your CD/DVD drive!
Do you right click your "D Drive" icon and click "Explore"?
Will any other CD work in the drive?
Is the CD clean, can you try it in another PC to see if it is ok?
What is the error message?

I assume that "D" drive is your CD/DVD drive!
Do you right click your "D Drive" icon and click "Explore"?
Will any other CD work in the drive?
Is the CD clean, can you try it in another PC to see if it is ok?
What is the error message?

hi
yes its my cd dvd drive.
i have tried to right click and explore nothing happens.
i have tried other games and they work
there is no error message.
its a brand new cd yes its clean
i usally just put cd in and they start right away if i gointo my computer the d drive is blank this is a dvd rom game

Go to Control Pannel, System, Hardware, Device Manager. Go to DVD/CD ROMs and expand (+)
If your DVD ROM is there, right click on it and reinstall the driver. If it is not there go back to Control Pannel, Add hardware and add your DVD again there.

Go to Control Pannel, System, Hardware, Device Manager. Go to DVD/CD ROMs and expand (+)
If your DVD ROM is there, right click on it and reinstall the driver. If it is not there go back to Control Pannel, Add hardware and add your DVD again there.

i can not reinstall as i do not have the disk to do so thanks for ur help so far

Your windows XP should have the file to re-install, if not you can serch the web and find the correct driver and download and install.

Your windows XP should have the file to re-install, if not you can serch the web and find the correct driver and download and install.

i have reinstalled it but still not working
it plays music and photo cds but not rom cds

You just went well beyond me, if it works for music and photo CDs but not CD ROMs??
What happens, do you get any message?
Will it display their contents?
I hope somebody here can understand and assist you.
TOOOOOOOOOO hard for me......

It sounds like a dodgy cd or dusty drive. If you have a steam account log on and add the cd key. You will then be able to download all the game content and not need the disc at all :)

Your HalfLife 2 is DVD... and it sounds like your drive does not accept dvd's. Can be an age thing, if it originally was meant to.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.