Hey guys

I had a problem with my laptop of which i raised the issue on this forum (the problem was that my Windows XP OS was not loading my personal profile on start up) and the solutions were suggested one of it been that i should create new user account. So after creating new user account with administrators role the problem were solved. Now what i did was to log on with the user account that was given me problems and copy all my files and folders on the desktop and my document folder of that account to a folder C:\backup, after that i logged out and logged in with the new account i have created and deleted the old account. The problem now is that if i try to access any of those files or folders i backed up from the old account that i've deleted my OS will give me alert message "Access Denied"

Please guys help me out to remove those access restrictions so that a can be able to access my files.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hey guys

I had a problem with my laptop of which i raised the issue on this forum (the problem was that my Windows XP OS was not loading my personal profile on start up) and the solutions were suggested one of it been that i should create new user account. So after creating new user account with administrators role the problem were solved. Now what i did was to log on with the user account that was given me problems and copy all my files and folders on the desktop and my document folder of that account to a folder C:\backup, after that i logged out and logged in with the new account i have created and deleted the old account. The problem now is that if i try to access any of those files or folders i backed up from the old account that i've deleted my OS will give me alert message "Access Denied"

Please guys help me out to remove those access restrictions so that a can be able to access my files.

Thanks in advance.

Try going into the security of the the c:\backup folder and taking ownership of the folder and have the rights to all child objects change.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Wooooooooooooooooow

Freaktech,

You are the man...

i have my files back, thanks man..

i appreciate that..

You know i i've tried that even sharing the folder but i did not select "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" Check box. And now you no what? all my files are back to me.

Thanks again again again and .............

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.