Hi,

I really do need some help, and it seems, that this is the best place to get some.

A while ago, i was looking for an alternative to stage 6 DivX hosting, when i came to a side which suddenly smashed a whole lot of spyware on my computer.

Unfortunately i havnt had any protection running at that moment, so i really got the whole load of it.

I cleaned out the most of it with Spyware Doctor and Avast Anti Virus, but still i have got some problems now.

1) My Java is totally messed up, everytime i want to run a java application it just doesnt work. Also reinstalling doesnt work. Sometimes its missing a dll sometimes it just freezes.

2) Also Flash applications often (not always) dont work anymore. Sometimes players dont even appear, sometimes they appear but only play for 2 or 3 seconds and than freeze. Sometimes it does work, but thats very seldom :)

3) Most of the downloads i start, freeze after i downloaded a few hundred kbs. Or there is even no progress bar appearing. Sometimes it works and downloads, but then the file is corrupted.

4) I can search in google, no problem. But once i click a link in google, it automatically forwards me to an other searchengine (one of hundrets actually) with no search results.

5) Last but not least, i bought spore the other day, and tried it, and it says i dont have the up-to-date grafics driver, but i looked at the intel page and it seems that i have the up-to-date one.

Since i am quite the PC Newbie, it would be really nice if one of you good souls would offer some advice for me.

Thanks alot,

Cholo

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

1. You need to run a few different anti-spyware programs to get all the malware. One will not do them all.
2. Try Hijack This program to see whats loaded and what needs removing.
3. NEVER EVER connect an unprotected PC to internet without some sort of protection installed.

Dont remove any thing from your PC unless you know what you doing, post your hijack result here and some one can help you with what is a problem.
First, do as suggested, get a scan from an online virus scanner and download and run progs like spybot and allow the detection and removal without much risk.

A sequence for you:
==Get CCleaner from http://www.ccleaner.com/ - and install it in a new folder. You should keep this one for general use. I set the installation checkboxes only to open from the recycle bin. It's neater that way.
Now run CCleaner from the recycle bin rclick menu using its default settings [if you set up CCleaner as i suggested, rclicking the bin icon should give you the Open CCleaner option...].
If you have FireFox open the Applications tab and ensure at least that Cookies and Cache are checked.
Select the Cleaner icon, press Run Cleaner.
Run CCleaner in any other Accounts.
==Please use IE or Firefox to do an online scan at panda:- http://www.pandasecurity.com/activescan/index/
-First Register [otherwise there will be no disinfection, merely detection] with a valid email address for the free online virus scan and follow through.
Unlike Kaspersky this scan does not require Java.
Please ATTACH to your post the log it produces.
==download hijackthis: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html
-copy it to a new FOLDER placed either alongside your program files or on your desktop and then... rename hijackthis.exe to imabunny.exe
-in that folder start HijackThis by dclicking the .exe; now close ALL other applications and any open windows including the explorer window containing HijackThis.
-click the Scan and Save a Logfile button. Post the log here.

Thanks alot for all your replies. Unfortunately i cant open the links you provided, guess because everything here is just messed up.

Be that as it may, i got hijack this from somewhere else, and i got this logfile now:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:20:13 PM, on 09-Sep-08
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\r2 Studios\Startup Delayer\Startup Launcher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\vVX1000.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itype.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfl04g\BrStDvPt.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Grischa\Local Settings\Temp\.tt12C.tmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Conceptworld\NoteZilla\NoteZilla.exe
C:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Launchy\Launchy.exe
C:\Program Files\TP-LINK\TL-WN321G Wireless Utility\Installer\WINXP\TWCU.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Grischa\LOCALS~1\Temp\RtkBtMnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.software-innovators.com
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AzMixerSel] C:\Program Files\Realtek\InstallShield\AzMixerSel.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartupDelayer] "C:\Program Files\r2 Studios\Startup Delayer\Startup Launcher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VX1000] C:\WINDOWS\vVX1000.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [itype] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itype.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SetDefPrt] C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfl04g\BrStDvPt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter2.0] C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [inrhcvh4j0e19r] C:\Documents and Settings\Grischa\Local Settings\Temp\.tt12C.tmp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NoteZilla] C:\Program Files\Conceptworld\NoteZilla\NoteZilla.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RocketDock] "C:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Launchy.lnk = C:\Program Files\Launchy\Launchy.exe
O4 - Global Startup: TL-WN321G Wireless Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files\TP-LINK\TL-WN321G Wireless Utility\Installer\WINXP\TWCU.exe
O9 - Extra button: ICQ6 - {E59EB121-F339-4851-A3BA-FE49C35617C2} - C:\Program Files\ICQ6\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ6 - {E59EB121-F339-4851-A3BA-FE49C35617C2} - C:\Program Files\ICQ6\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

--
End of file - 5757 bytes

Any further ideas?

Thnx, Choloepus

Hello, choloe... this may help, it may just address the tip of an iceberg. Let's see what happens.
Start hijackthis, select Scan Only, place checkmarks against all the entries listed below that still exist, and then press Fix Checked.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [inrhcvh4j0e19r] C:\Documents and Settings\Grischa\Local Settings\Temp\.tt12C.tmp.exe

Good, now delete this file:

If it will not delete then in hijackthis select Misc Tools Section, press Delete a File on Reboot and in the window which opens paste into the text box the following pathname, press Open and then Yes...

I see nothing else bad in that log. Btw, if you have Avast there is no real need to run Spyware Doctor as a service because Avast combines AV with AS.
See how you get on with those links I gave you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.