We have a Windows NT 4.0 Workstation which we forgott the admin password. The admin is the only user assigned to the machine.

I want to know, is there any free software out there that will let me reset or change the password of the administrator? or how can I gain access to the Win. NT workstation?

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Johnny.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Google it, there are thousands of sites to download the illegal software to over-ride a security password.

Correct, but since this is a company, the administrator won't let me use illegal software. We have to be legal all the way. I have tried 3 so far and none of them have worked.

I know I can try illegal software since 99.9% of my collection is, but I just cant use it for work.

Maybe this linux based tool?
http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

> the administrator won't let me use illegal software.
So hand the machine over to them, and let them earn their keep for a day or two while you get on with something else.

I told the admin about the software, and he did try it, but said that he go not where. He also said not to worry about it anymore since he is going to install windows NT over the current one and that should work.

The good thing about it is that if it does not, then it's not my problem anymore.

Thank you all for all the help.

Johnny

hi
my name is nasser from iran
if change admin password on nt4.0 workstation windows break all embedded setup on system becuse all machine nt windows encrypted. you can not changed .

are you already try hirens boot CD ?
try to find old version of this. like version 11 or 12

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.