I have a program that is not in add/remove programs that is in control panel called "Paperport One Touch". It was a scanner and I do not use it anymore, but I can not delete the program. Any clues?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Hi,
Go Start, All Programs, and look for the program there, point to it and see if an "uninstall" option is included with it. If not try reinstalling the program and hopefully the uninstall program will be listed as well.
If still unsuccessful, search Google for uninstall programs, find one there and download it, hopefully, when you run it, it will find your program and you can then uninstall it.

I think different. Delete it from c:\Programs files. I think you have no problem if you delete it.

Go to the drive where Paperport One Touch is (was) installed, by default it should be C:\Program Files\Paperport One Touch
If you can locate it then simply highlight the folder and hit delete on you're k-board. whola...gone in sixty seconds :)
If you cant find it there than its most likely removed already

The program is not in the add or remove programs list and none of the uninstaller programs are detecting it.

If the program is no longer on the machine (as above) then do a search on *.cpl files and remove the file with hte name like paperport.cpl (or just to be safe rename it paperport.old) and then the control panel will not see it.
M

I have a program that is not in add/remove programs that is in control panel called"Safety Center". I can not delete the program. Any clues

I have a program that is not in add/remove programs that is in control panel called"Safety Center". but I can not delete the program. Can some help how to delete it. Tkx

I have a program that is not in add/remove programs that is in control panel called"Safety Center". but I can not delete the program. Can some help how to delete it. Tkx

hi please start you own thread in the spyware/virus and other nasties section for help removing this problem .
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum64.html

I have a program that is not in add/remove programs that is in control panel called Nero 7 Demo. I want to uninstall it but it do not want
help me to remove it,Please

Please start your own thread, and supply more information about your PC and your problem. But try "START" "ALL PROGRAMS" "NERO 7" "UNINSTALL".
If that fails, find your installation program and try and reinstall, it may ask you "Are you sure you want to fully uninstall this product?"

"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.